Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Dyson Logos: Centaur Class

Tramp!

One thing I don't do enough is reflect on the cool art and gaming stuff I've discovered since returning to RPGs in 2012. When I tried to think about something cool I remember from way back, the Centaur character class from Dyson Logos immediately popped into my head.

I like how the class gives the character hoof attack damage that isn't fantastic at first and never becomes overpowered. This means you won't have to make a painful choice between "hoofing it" all the or using that awesome two-handed sword you got your eye on. But with a d6 damage as you level up, you'll be eager to stomp a goblin or two.

If you love BX D&D, this is pure gold right here. If you're running a game set in a forest, woodsy area, or maybe some plains, toss this class into the mix of player choices.




1 comment:

  1. Nice. I'll add this one to my list. I'm building a bunch of classes for my WIP that are, basically, 'add your level as a bonus when you roll for something your class is good at.'

    It's very wishy washy, but I go into more detail by class.

    This guy would roll d20 + level when stomping, add his level when talking to horses (and of course, can talk to horses), can move twice a turn, +level to flee/chase rolls, etc...

    Very neat.

    ReplyDelete