Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Cutting Lass

 

Cutting Lass, +1 sword: Re-roll 1s when rolling damage. Cuts bonds such as chains or door hinges in 2 rounds. On a hit, deal max damage automatically, 1/day.

No Elf of Summertop was quite as well-known as Misty Morn Nighthand, a steadfast defender of The Great Stump. Neither aligned with Law or Chaos, Misty was known to cut through the manure of diplomacy with a steely edge. During the invasion of Summertop by the menacing army of dark Wizard - and former lover of Misty Morn Nighhand - Thrall Omvar, Misty and her trusty blade disappeared. Even as his head was removed from his body, Thrall Omvar merely smiled when asked what became of her.

6 comments:

  1. I really like all of these. Ye Old +1 Sword has a special place in my heart, but really it's more fun to have extras on a weapon.

    I'm about to reward my caveman player with The Bangarang. A club that boomerangs back when thrown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bangarang is great!

      There's a lot of hate for +1 swords because they're "boring". Which, I get it. But it's overblown criticism if you ask me. The game includes monsters that can only be hit by weapons with some +s on 'em. So unless you're house ruling those out, you gotta have some kind of + weapons in the mix.

      But yes, I am also of the mind that all magic weapons need at least one special trait other than +1. It does make them far more interesting that way.

      Delete
    2. Cool. I just gave out daggers that act as flashlight's for 1 hour a day. Daggers of Light. I'm about to throw in some 'immune to mundane damage' baddies, so those daggers will be needed.

      Delete
    3. When "immune to mundane damage" baddies come up, I always just say if your weapon is magical at all then it can hit them. I don't do the "+2 required" rule, especially since I rarely have +2 or better weapons in my games. Almost everything is +1 with maybe a +2 vs. some specific enemy.

      Delete