Thursday, October 15, 2020

What's the Plan?

I was just thinking how much I am averse to planning creative projects. I'm such a spoiled brat, creatively, I only want to do what I want to do right then and there and because I have a job and art doesn't may my bills I'm of the mind that it's my god damn business anyway. Right?

Flipside to that bratty stance is that I'm gunshy about failing. I have dived into huge projects in the past only to hit a brick wall and abandon them. I stopped making promises around 2005 or so and just rolled with the flow after that.

But planning ahead can lead to great things. Would we have Old School Essentials in all its glory if Gavin hadn't made a plan and stuck with it? As wild and chaotic as MÖRK BORG appears would we really have that delicious book and all the insane media that surrounds it if Pelle and the creators didn't have a plan?

I guess planning ahead pays off.

I'm still not doing it, though.

This is a picture of a pantsmonster. I was putting on my pants on day and I looked down and thought "That button and zipper looks like some kind of dinosaur". So I took a picture. Later that day I doodled from it, then forgot about it.

And that's what I'm talkin' about. To prove my point I'm scheduling this post ahead of time. That's planning right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment