Thursday, October 15, 2020

Krita vs. Photoshop (7) AGAIN

I installed the latest version of Krita and tried it out again now that I'm back on the Intuos 4. Naturally, it's awesome. Lots of great brushes. The way you can rotate canvas so easily is super cool. I know that rotating my canvas in PS7 is fuckin' stupid slow.

But dammit I just have so much creative energy invested in my PS7 setup. And it's fast. Like... my pen strokes in Krita have lag. I hate that. But when I do a stroke in Photoshop it's instantaneous. Feels very natural. So I guess I won't be budging from my digital grognard stance. I will continue to use a massively outdated drawing program on a massively outdated computer until it dies or I do.

In other news, I've been noodling some comic book ideas. Been a long god damn time since I did a proper comic. I might have mentioned it here before... but comics are a lot of work. Like, a metric shit ton. If you know a comics artist who actually does the work, kiss 'em. They deserve it.

Here's a rat man drawn rapidly in PS7 for shits and giggles.



2 comments:

  1. You have very nice line work. Do you work massive and shrink the art down to 600x680 for the blog, or do you work at 600x680 the whole time? What is your typical px size for strokes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I draw everything at 300dpi on a canvas that's comparable to paper sizes such as 5x7 or 8x10. When I save for the web, it's 72dpi at something like 600-1000 pixels wide.

      Delete