Sunday, October 27, 2024

Artists I Like: Eric Powell

This week, I'm talking about Eric Powell. But I don't have a lot to say, honestly.

This is an artist I really only know from seeing copies of The Goon on the shelf back in the early 2000s... but never picking them up. I loved his vibe, but back then I just wasn't buying comics. Too bad too because The Goon looks fantastic... and I STILL haven't read it. Full confession.

But Powell hits this list because I love the look of his art and he seems like a swell guy. His visual style reminds me heavily of Frank Frazetta, of course. I'm sure that's no accident. And, to be honest, I tend to think all artists in this vein remind me of Frazetta. Probably a problem with my own myopic view and understanding of the comics and fantasy art world.

I'm going to seek out more Powell stuff. I picked up his Buzzard mini series at a small comic con last year and it's great.











No comments:

Post a Comment