Friday, March 3, 2023

Dwarfs!

At long last, the Rock Hardy Book of Dwarfs is in the hands of a mighty layout artist known as Matt the Hildebrand.

I decided this book would be part of my Doomslakers Adventures series, which started in 2014 with Howler. I've long neglected doing modules and it's high time I got back to it. This isn't an adventure, but more of a setting, though it does include a short adventure at the end of the book. It's a book that outlines life in the Rock Hardy Mountains among the dwarfs (see Black Pudding #7 gazetteer).

It'll be something like 24-28 pages, 8.5x11 module size. Whereas the first two in the DSA series are specifically Labyrinth Lord compatible, I think this one will fly solo. I could slap an OSE label on it, but I'm kind of leaning toward just a general "BX" vibe. Obviously it is fully compatible with OSE, LL, BFRPG, etc.

This is the cover art, but not the final cover layout.


Here are the first two modules:






5 comments:

  1. Nice! It's nice to see a third one coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took me like... YEARS. But to be fair, Black Pudding happened during the interim.

      Delete
  2. Been waiting for this for ages! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad part is I've had this book written for a long time. I actually had it edited back in September and totally forgot. I asked my editing friend to give it a look last week and he was like "I already did."

      Delete
  3. Recently dropped the Howler into a game session. Its arrival on scene definitely tweaked my players (and a couple have yet to discover the effects of the magical fallout from slaying it...)

    ReplyDelete