Saturday, March 11, 2023

GOZR Comic Talk

Currently working on a comic book script for GOZR. I've had this idea since day one to use the hooligans from the cover as characters in a comic. Not sure when it'll get done, but I can say that the fires of inspiration are burning brightly and I have a complete story sketched out. Just need to smooth out the script, then draw it.

Oh, here's the names of the usual suspects. Right now only a few of them have distinct traits I can even speak about. Urkkol seems to be my lead character, with Aju as his right hand guy, Butter Jam as a kind of wild card ally, and Foz as the weird inscrutable wizard. The rest are revealing themselves to me slowly.

Some of them may die, but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.



So what is this comic about? Well, gooz, of course. The story I'm working on, titled "The Beacon", is about Orkkol leading his team of gooz adventurers on a mission to recover a lost artifact for a powerful gooz magistrate. I'm channeling my inner Richard Corben + Jack Kirby, if I can.

1 comment: