Sunday, February 19, 2023

Delivering the Mail


I wanna take a moment to appreciate the raw wizardry of Hank Van Brunt's comics. I have no idea what these comics are about other than a gritty crew of space faring adventurers jetting around doing cool stuff with sick looking space vehicles. He posts panels on Instagram that feel, to a casual observer like me, quite random.

But compelling.

If you like comics, space comics, sci-fi, fantasy, and European style gritty, grimy, hodge-podge ships then you need to check it out.

Oh... and glorious hair.

What I love about Hank's comics, besides the theme and imagery itself, is just how confidently casual he is with them. Or appears to be. Maybe he obsesses over each line. I don't know. But the vibe is spontaneous, instant, elegant, but also quirky and awkward in every good way. He colors outside the lines.










No comments:

Post a Comment