Sunday, February 27, 2022

GOZR is RISING

OK, time to let the Doomslakers B/X book simmer for a bit while I circle back to fuckin' GOZR!

The pages are back on my drawing board for hopefully final edits. Maybe I can put this bastard out into the wild soon. I had taken a step back from it while playtesting was happening and in order to give myself some breathing room. Now I'm feeling it again and things are looking up for the ugly gooz.

During playtesting, I would update the document with rules tweaks and clarifications and name each iteration alphabetically. I am super duper thankful that my friends Andy Solberg and Dyson Logos each ran GOZR for different groups and provided valuable feedback. I was a player in Andy's game, which as a real stress test for the system as we adventured around Andy's wonderfully silly Gooz York. I think Dyson's playtest, which I wasn't in, was more directly based on the Den sequence from Heavy Metal - probably the chief inspiration for GOZR in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment