Sunday, November 12, 2023

Richmond Comic & Toy Show

Kenn Minter
Today I went to a comic book show. I don't do that very often. I don't go to cons or shows, pretty much ever. But this was only an hour or less from my house and it was small.

I don't have a ton of experience with comic shows so I can't say the Richmond Comic & Toy Show was fantastic. But I had a good time hanging out with a couple of friends, met some cool artists, and picked up a stack of books. So I call that a success.

Oh, and there were nerds walking around in Star Wars and Sailor Moon uniforms, so that was cool.



Here are the creators I met and interacted with. I spent pretty much all my pocket money on these folks.

Kenn Minter of Near Mint Press with Country Creatures comic.

Bryce Oquaye of Mad Hundreds.

Tressa Bowling, who has some amazing sketch zines.

Ken Kirk doing fun sketches on skateboards and writing comics.

J. D. Thompson with The Hound of Cold Hollow: Vengeance comic.

William Leslie of Blackwill Comics.

Joe Slucher doing fantasy art for Magic: the Gathering.


Hard Justice, by Wes Gift, Bryce Oquaye, and Taylor Esposito.



 
Tressa Bowling's cool art books.

No comments:

Post a Comment