Thursday, June 16, 2022

Hunter Ravn

I did a few comic panels recently. Started out as a guide to my fantasy world of Yria. I have no idea where this is heading now.

The character Hunter Ravn was formerly Hunter Raven... but I left out the "e" on the inked version and didn't want to adjust digitally. So now he's officially Hunter Ravn. Maybe that's why I took the whole thing in a slightly different direction. Is this God of the North a frat dude?

Anyway, I've just been having fun with my old traditional art tools and these panels were an excuse to use them. Digital colors to follow...






5 comments:

  1. Which old art tools would you be referring to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pencil, paper, Mircon pens, Prismacolor black marker, and a Pentel pocket brush pen.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I also used a white chalk stick a little bit. But only because my white marker was no good. I don't have a really good white option right now. I'll have to find a white brush marker or paint pen to do the trick.

      Delete
  2. Ravn is my middle name! It was my great grandfather’s surname when he came over from Denmark. If it helps any, in Danish it’s pronounced sort of like “rawn”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! That's very interesting. The character's name is actually Hunter Raven, but I accidentally left out the "e" and just rolled with it in the comic strip. So I had no intention of naming him that. hah... Now I can say his name is Hunter Raven or, if I'm inclined on the occasion, I can say "He is known as Hunter Rawn" when running games.

      Delete