Friday, May 29, 2020

Mitch Byrd

I don't remember Mitch Byrd's work at all prior to the mid-2000s when I picked up Mitch Byrd's Notes to Draw From. I instantly fell in love with his clean linework, soft pencil drawings, and round, sexy women. Plus his advice is pretty solid, over all. He does a great job of explaining simple things, such as vanishing point perspective or the way gravity affects bodies. All of his books are solid if you're looking for tutorials and primers on basic art shit.

Plus you get these delicious chicks to boot. And who doesn't need this in their life?










And dinosaurs, oh my!



3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check that book out. I was just looking through some of the old Loomis books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the book is hard to get? I'm googling around looking for a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I've owned it for maybe 15 years or so. I think I got in through eBay.

      Delete