Sunday, August 25, 2024

Artists I Like: François Walthéry

The adventure into artists continues with a creator I don't remember hearing about until recently, but I almost certainly saw his work at some point in the past: François Walthéry.

This Belgian artist got started in the comic magazine Spirou, which I am unfamiliar with. His biggest claim to fame is being the primary artist for the comic character Natacha, a "resourceful airline hostess". Welz has Cherry, Thorne has Red Sonja, Walthéry has Natacha.

And here's the surprising bit... I didn't decide to post about this artist because Natacha is a hot femme cartoon character. No no. While it is true, it is also true that François Walthéry is an exceptional cartoonist and I hope to pick up some of his books just to study them! Good stuff.

And it seems Natacha is very, very popular. Lots of material out there, including a postage stamp?!












No comments:

Post a Comment