Sunday, March 10, 2024

BP Heavy Helping 2 is Simmering

Folks have been asking me for years when Black Pudding Heavy Helping Vol 2 would appear. Of course I had to wait until another 4 issues of the zine were in the can before I could even think about it. Now that issue 8 is alive in the world, I can think about it.

I believe this one will follow in the same footsteps as the first one. I'll reorganize the material into the same categories as before. There'll be some new content as well. And I plan to create a comprehensive Black Pudding Index so you can find anything you want in the zines or in the collected volumes. Handy!

Here's the cover art too. First pic is what it will look like, second pic is the original. See, I started drawing it as just a lot of doodling and then suddenly it became the cover art. I didn't think about it up front so I didn't center the text. I had to so some Photoshop hijinks to get the title centered and avoid cropping out some of my favorite bits.


Heres' the original. Notice how that title is off center just enough to piss me off?


Easter eggs on the cover? I think everything is an easter egg, so they're not really easter eggs... it's just what the cover is. From top left, clockwise:

  1. Spiders. Because they're cool and I draw them on a lot of stuff.
  2. Ninja from issue 5.
  3. Rats... because they're in a lot of issues.
  4. Arqod Dreadling from issue 5.
  5. Rat Bastard from issue 7.
  6. Orbii from issue 5.
  7. Skulls, because I draw a lot of them.
  8. Eyeball, from issue 7.
  9. Star Troll from issue 5.
  10. Monstrous Toad from issue 6.
  11. Sinewy Barbarian from issue 1.
  12. Black Pudding. Duh.
  13. Eyeballs from issue 7.
  14. Rats again.
  15. Magic book because I like them.
  16. Chainmail Chick from issue 1.
  17. Zarp cameo.
  18. Worm priest from issue 1.

Anyway... I've barely started putting this thing together so it'll still be a little while.

1 comment: