Sunday, March 17, 2024

Artists I Like: Andrés Garrido Martín

Another exciting post in this series.

One thing I love about the modern world is we can very easily find people all over the planet doing cool things. Andrés Garrido Martín is a Spanish artist I found on Instagram (god bless Instagram, honestly) and fell in love with instantly. He (I'm assuming gender here) has a style that reminds me very much of another artist I've looked at in this series, Rune Ryberg. Both have a "nervous line" energy I love.

Andrés' work is nothing if not energetic. But also atmospheric. He knows how to emphasize shapes and shadows and composition to deliver an emotional impact. His figures are dynamic and varied, with more than a few lovely nods to bodies of bigger size. If I could snap my fingers and have him draw a comic for me I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I might need him to write the comic too because I haven't had any good comic book ideas for a long time (tangent... sigh).

Regarding tools, I am not sure how he works. The colors seem digitally rendered but the linework, which is clearly some kind of pen, could be digital or traditional. I'm not sure which.

I don't see an official website for this artist, so go check out his Instagram and maybe buy him a coffee.









Perfect example of tension, emotion, composition...


No comments:

Post a Comment