Sunday, April 21, 2024

Artists I Like: Matthew Adams

Another great one.

Matthew Adams is an artist I first encountered in the original Yoon Suin (a wonderful randomly-generated setting for OSR games).

Adams' art is wonderfully quirky and weird. It's also quick, messy, and pure. I know he loves to play around with MS Paint, doing pixel art. Who does that? It's a whole thing, I know. His pixel sketches are really great and full of texture and suggestion. I think that's what I like most about his work... the suggestion of something. He's painting ideas without giving them final form. I love that. Looking at one of his drawings, it appears there's a lot more to it. But zooming in only reveals there isn't more to it. It's an illusion. But that's the magic, isn't it?

This was a nuclear bomb in my head.

 











No comments:

Post a Comment