Saturday, January 6, 2024

Doomslakers Zine

Just before I started creating the Black Pudding zine, I fiddled with different names and ideas for the project. One was Claw, Claw Bite!, which I love. But there was already a zine by that name (I think it was Pathfinder-based, if I remember correctly). I thought I went straight to Black Pudding after that, but then I just discovered a hidden, dusty folder from 2016 called "Doomslakers Zine". Had a couple of files in it, including this cover concept.

Of course, this art was used for Black Pudding #2. But I guess I had the idea to call it Doomslakers first. Not sure why I didn't go with that, since it would have aligned nicely with this blog. But I guess I always felt like the name "Doomslakers" wasn't epic enough. I think it's a grand ole name, and kind of funny. But that's just me.




No comments:

Post a Comment