Sunday, October 4, 2020

GOZR: Familiars

 Every wizard needs a familiar!



So here's one thing I'm thinking about for the game. I have structured it so that you can just choose how much of a wizard you want to be. You want a familiar, you got one. My idea is that being a wizard will be a pain in the ass with lots of problems. But so far I'm not sure I've pulled that off so I'm gonna have to revisit the rules and either give non-wizards more bennies or give wizards more flaws.

Because as it stands... you'd crazy NOT to be a wizard. I went a little nuts on the wizard stuff. I guess I am a fan of magic-users after all.

8 comments:

  1. Spells exploding in your face is a fun limitation. Losing 1 HP on a spell fail? Mutations on a crit fail?

    I like mutations.

    Familiar HP linked to the Wizard is kewl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have something in there about spell fumbles. I didn't go overboard, though. I'm not really treading the same ground as DCC or something like that. Though this game is very table-heavy it's still leaning toward the simple less-is-more side of the tracks. There are definitely some wild possibilities baked into some of the tables but not hyper gonzo stuff. It's a little more grounded.

      Delete
  2. Kinda off topic, but I always liked the idea of a wand/staff/rod being cracked and going off like a pocket nuke.

    Like phasers in Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classic "magic missile rod", which is just a tommy gun.

      Delete
  3. This is great. I especially like the inclusion of the mantis as a familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wizards, cool.. what tricks has the Cunning guy got up his sleeve ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. Mostly not being watched by weird entities and having his soul coveted.

      Delete